f

Progenitor

Recruit
Apr 3, 2021
I mean it seems logical to an extent however I do not see why there would be a wipe. If things are balanced then it will not occur. I would say 20% personally without the Lvl 10 minimum because you are just giving players free stats that only played for less than an hour and I do not want any pity stats, I want to play the game from the ground up so when I catch up to you higher and longer players I can enjoy beating you.

Bryggan

Recruit
Mar 20, 2021
Why would there be a wipe unless someone really abused some exploits? When you join any established game you start at the beginning and work your way up. But I do suggest they implement death from old age so new players have a hope of becoming top dogs (battle deaths would be far too annoying).

BigChunghus

Recruit
Mar 22, 2021
Why would there be a wipe unless someone really abused some exploits? When you join any established game you start at the beginning and work your way up. But I do suggest they implement death from old age so new players have a hope of becoming top dogs (battle deaths would be far too annoying).
there were, but they should only wipe those who abused those exploits.

RagnarBludwulf

Recruit
Apr 18, 2021
I support a full/partial wipe to give all players new and old a fair chance in the developed PvP aspect. However, if that did happen I would hope that the grinding impact on players currently would change. If the grind wasn't so burdensome then I think players would welcome the wipe more willingly, but as it stands the grind is too much to just throw all the progress we have made away. Either way I am looking forward to the development of this mod and will continue to provide my support as a player or any other means.

merrrica

Recruit
Apr 3, 2021
So let me get this correct, few nerds grinded their asses off and a few exploited some bugs and now so call nerds want to be rewarded for "beta testing" a free game? Which many of them only did to try to take advantage of new players when pvp gets incorporated?

Does that sound about right?

RAPTOR

Infantry Man
Mar 21, 2021
Slovakia
I am for a full wipe ... but logically there is no reason for it ... it would be enough if they reduced gold of all players by 90% and the number of skillpoints in abilities such as trade and leadership (these were most affected by the updates and give older players an advantage over newcomers) ... why wipe something that was not affected by the updates (armies, equipment, other stats)

merrrica

Recruit
Apr 3, 2021
I am for a full wipe ... but logically there is no reason for it ... it would be enough if they reduced gold of all players by 90% and the number of skillpoints in abilities such as trade and leadership (these were most affected by the updates and give older players an advantage over newcomers) ... why wipe something that was not affected by the updates (armies, equipment, other stats)
You don't see a way how people would abused this?

RAPTOR

Infantry Man
Mar 21, 2021
Slovakia
You don't see a way how people would abused this?
players who started playing the game earlier will still have the upper hand ... but it will apply even after a full wipe ... nothing will change ... it's an MMO game, deal with it ... the only reason for the wipe is the unfair enrichment of older players based on bugs and unbalanced stats that have already been fixed ... this only applies to the amount of gold and the abilities mentioned above

merrrica

Recruit
Apr 3, 2021
players who started playing the game earlier will still have the upper hand ... but it will apply even after a full wipe ... nothing will change ... it's an MMO game, deal with it ... the only reason for the wipe is the unfair enrichment of older players based on bugs and unbalanced stats that have already been fixed ... this only applies to the amount of gold and the abilities mentioned above
Why you raging, "deal with it", really? No biased detected here.

I'm just arguing the other side, no point in thinking it's personal, cause I assure you it's not.

RAPTOR

Infantry Man
Mar 21, 2021
Slovakia
Why you raging, "deal with it", really? No biased detected here.

I'm just arguing the other side, no point in thinking it's personal, cause I assure you it's not.
it was not rage, I am completely calm :) ... that "deal with it" was meant for everyyone who does not understand the essence of MMO (nothing personal) ... players want a wipe but don't know why ... they want to match players who have played more than 200 hours in this mode ... but those "veterans" players will get to where they are now in a few days after the wipe ... and what then, another wipe? :D

merrrica

Recruit
Apr 3, 2021
it was not rage, I am completely calm :) ... that "deal with it" was meant for everyyone who does not understand the essence of MMO (nothing personal) ... players want a wipe but don't know why ... they want to match players who have played more than 200 hours in this mode ... but those "veterans" players will get to where they are now in a few days after the wipe ... and what then, another wipe? :D
So according to you, everyone that wants a wipe are so stupid that they can't possibly know the reason why they would come to their own conclusion. I'm sorry but your argument makes no sense. By your own logic you say that the same players will come out on top either way so players that already have ahead, give them that much more of an advantage over possible new players that we would like to attract?

To me it's simple, we are literally in alpha, when a new game changing mechanism is introduced, to put it layman terms, when we leave alpha, a wipe is warrented. Let the Vets grind it out, but don't punish newbies just cause a few hardcore vets wasted who knows how many hours. We want to invite new players, not discourage them. The mod expansion and longevity is more important than a few players.

Also, by your own logic, if the Vets make it back to where they were, why are you so against it? How does it harm the Vets?

RAPTOR

Infantry Man
Mar 21, 2021
Slovakia
So according to you, everyone that wants a wipe are so stupid that they can't possibly know the reason why they would come to their own conclusion. I'm sorry but your argument makes no sense. By your own logic you say that the same players will come out on top either way so players that already have ahead, give them that much more of an advantage over possible new players that we would like to attract?

To me it's simple, we are literally in alpha, when a new game changing mechanism is introduced, to put it layman terms, when we leave alpha, a wipe is warrented. Let the Vets grind it out, but don't punish newbies just cause a few hardcore vets wasted who knows how many hours. We want to invite new players, not discourage them. The mod expansion and longevity is more important than a few players.

Also, by your own logic, if the Vets make it back to where they were, why are you so against it? How does it harm the Vets?
in my first comment I wrote that I am for a full wipe ... just for fun and reactions "big" players :) ... but there is no logical reason for it yet and probably never will ... the mechanics of the game will not change after the release of the full version of the mod, it will remain the same ... why wipe then? ... players will lose hours of time invested in this mode by wipe ... and we need players who are willing to play the mode for a long time, not just casual players

merrrica

Recruit
Apr 3, 2021
in my first comment I wrote that I am for a full wipe ... just for fun and reactions "big" players :) ... but there is no logical reason for it yet and probably never will ... the mechanics of the game will not change after the release of the full version of the mod, it will remain the same ... why wipe then? ... players will lose hours of time invested in this mode by wipe ... and we need players who are willing to play the mode for a long time, not just casual players
I mean, this is the literal definition of a bad faith argument that most saw from the get go, but I bit anyways as curiosity got me.

So your argument really is "mechanics" won't change and some people invested a bunch of hours and screw the casuals? That sound about right?

Also, since you brought up MMOs, let me know if MMOs do full wipes when they leave Alpha/Beta. Asking for a friend.

lange wapper

Recruit
Apr 9, 2021
my only concern is if the bring in PVP then those bigger players wil start camping the town to kill the new players . it happens in every game there always be bully s who enjoy killing new players becourse of that . So some wipe might not be that bad so the new players have chance to have good start also

BigChunghus

Recruit
Mar 22, 2021
my only concern is if the bring in PVP then those bigger players wil start camping the town to kill the new players . it happens in every game there always be bully s who enjoy killing new players becourse of that . So some wipe might not be that bad so the new players have chance to have good start also
I don't think that would be a problem, even if we will have banditry, bandits will be hunted by factions and wont be able to enter towns normally like SP id assume.

Eggnogg

Recruit
Mar 22, 2021
I think there should be insentive to play now. If there is a wipe, for fear of giving previous players too much advantage. Perhaps it would be nice for players registered before wipe time an exclusive cape or something like that? Would be nice to inherit something small at least from playing early.