How to Implement PvP, a suggestion

Kinkusan

Recruit
Mar 16, 2021
Small Ones / Easy to Implement
1 - A doctor npc in taverns that heals wounded soldiers and you. 25 gold for each soldier and 100 for the player.
2 - Different spawn points other than Zeonica.
3 - New equipment and randomness in traders. There should be high tier equipment too but it should be very expensive.
4 - Trainer NPC in cities. They only upgrade your tier1 soldiers to tier2 to a reasonable amount of gold.
5 - Different bandits (Mostly looters / some forest and mountain bandits / a few sea raiders / a few deserters)

Big Ones
Must have - PvP and Lordship: By the way you coded it, it seems to me PvP intentionally was not included. I think it is to protect players. My suggestion is it should be something like a global chat toggle. Only the ones who toggle PvP will do it, but they have the right to attack and hold a fief. They collect certain amount of gold for anyone who enters their fief (differs in villages/castles/cities). Only one scene is used for cities, another one for castles, and another one for villages. Players do not put garrison, this scene will always be the same even when there is no owner of that fief. Cities will be hard to capture, villages are easier. Players won't be able to turn this toggle on or off frequently. It will have a certain amount of cooldown and if a lord turns pvp toggle off, they immediately lose their authority on their fief. How the offline players will be handled is simple: when a fief is captured it is unattackable (the code is already written for that) for a week.

Experimental - We choose a faction in the character creation screen yet it has no effect as i see. With new spawn points the players will be spawned there and in their nation's trader they will buy and sell items without penalty. But when buying&selling with other factions they will have to pay let's say %10 more.

Giving players a purpose - Players will belong to the faction they choose. Holder of the capital city will be the king of the faction and he decides which faction to fight and to form an alliance.

I know that you may have different plans and roadmap on the next updates. But those are only my suggestions to improve the game.

Thank you for making this mod. You guys rock.

Edit: I have seen the things you are working on now and you mentioned the item and gold loss when you lose a battle. I think that shouldn't be the way to punish players in a PvE scenario. When you lost the battle, it means you lost some of your men, some of them are wounded. Maybe locating to the nearest city can be changed to a city in a larger area and some of your gold can be taken but nothing else. BTW we have lots of crashes now; I think it is not a good idea.

Last edited: