(Guide) The version of the game is outdated!

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Troubleshooting Guide
You're trying to update or launch Bannerlord Online and you've received this error message? Then read this post on how to resolve this.

Error: The version of the game is outdated! Update the game to the latest version.

Version outdated.PNG

For the current/latest version of Bannerlord, check the collection guide below.

Verify whether you are running the correct version of Bannerlord. Bannerlord Online always runs on the latest stable version of Bannerlord.
  1. Check the displayed version in the bottom left of the Bannerlord Online launcher. This is the version of the base game.
  2. Check if Steam or Epic Store recently installed an update. When the base game received an update that changes the version number, Bannerlord Online also needs to be updated. This usually happens within a few hours.
Verify that Bannerlord Online and base Bannerlord are running the same version.
  1. Launch Bannerlord Online and check the exact version number.
  2. Launch Bannerlord through Steam or Epic store and check the version displayed in the bottom left.
  3. If the version is different between Bannerlord Online and the native Bannerlord, then Bannerlord Online has detected an old installation on your computer. This could be a previous installation, or remnant files from having moved the installation. You'll have to search for the duplicate installation and remove it. If you are unable to find any duplicate installation, check the post below. Then reinstall Bannerlord Online.
I'm running an older version but Bannerlord has no update. (Steam only)
  1. In Steam, right-click on Bannerlord and choose "Properties".
  2. Go to the Betas tab and verify if you are using a specific beta.
  3. If needed, change this to "None".
  4. If Steam does not automatically update, go back to the Properties window and under Local Files, choose "verify integrity of game files...". This will force Steam to update the game.
Betas-none2.gif

I've checked the above steps, verified I am on the correct version and that Bannerlord Online has released a patch for the latest version of Bannerlord.
Depending on geographical locations, Bannerlord Online chooses a specific update server to connect to and download the latest version of the game. Some file servers may also take longer to verify the uploaded update of BO, some regions have to wait longer for their update to be available. You may try using a VPN to bypass this.
  1. The connection to the update server might be blocked. See (Guide) Connection is blocked.

Last edited:

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
How to locate an old/duplicate installation of Bannerlord

!!! WARNING !!!
Exercise extreme caution when using the Registry Editor. If you edit the registry incorrectly, serious problems might occur that could require a complete reinstall of the operating system and result in data loss.
!!! WARNING !!!

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type regedit, then select Registry Editor (Desktop app) from the results.
  2. Navigate to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\BannerlordOnline".
  3. Look for the data listed for "GameDirectory". This will show a location on your computer in which Bannerlord Online believes you have Bannerlord installed.
  4. Note down the location and close the Registry-editor. Do not make any changes here unless you are 100% certain you know what you're doing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ESP Col Carpel

ParadoxAZ

Recruit
Dec 15, 2023
actually i have the ` v1.1.6.26219 ` of the game and the ` v1.1.6 - v1.1.6 ` on Steam.
The game launcher still gives me the same issue.
error: `The version of the game is outdated! Update the game to the latest version.`

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
actually i have the ` v1.1.6.26219 ` of the game and the ` v1.1.6 - v1.1.6 ` on Steam.
The game launcher still gives me the same issue.
error: `The version of the game is outdated! Update the game to the latest version.`
Do note that the version listed in this guide is v1.2.7.31207.
You'll need to update to the latest stable version, which was released on Thursday.

ParadoxAZ

Recruit
Dec 15, 2023
Could you kindly explain how to update the launcher?
Do I need to do it through the terminal?
I've tried downloading the launcher again from the website, but the version is still the one I mentioned before.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Could you kindly explain how to update the launcher?
Do I need to do it through the terminal?
I've tried downloading the launcher again from the website, but the version is still the one I mentioned before.
You'll need to update the base game Bannerlord through Steam or Epic Games Store.
This should help you find where to switch version in Steam, assuming you have it locked to a specific version.

Betas-none2.gif