(Guide) How to make food

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
(Guide) How to make food

This is a small guide on how to make your own food.

Obtaining resources

Before you can make food, you'll need ingredients to create the food. Ingredients can be obtained from village work and raiding caravans. For the sake of this guide, let's focus on the easy and garanteed result, village work.
Village resources
In order to obtain resources from the village, you will need to place an order at the headsman. The order with the highest price will be processed first. You can check the encyclopedia of the village to see the top 5 orders (price and quantity).​
1671980288428.png1671980427516.png
Placing an order
Talk to the Headsman and choose "I want to talk about the products of your village". This will let you place an order, view the status of your current order, or cancel the order. If you cancel the order, you will recieve the already finished amount and a refund for the unfinished amount.​
1671980454906.png
1671980978678.png
Working on your order
In order to work on your own order, you will need to place an order for the highest price. For example the 201 denars above will make it the highest paid order. You can check the guides below if you're not sure how to work in those villages.​
- Ingredient: Wheat - (Guide) Village Work - Farming
- Ingredient: Boar Carcas - (Guide) Village Work - Hunting

Refining Food

Now that you have obtained some Wheat or Boar Carcasses from a village, you can go to any town and talk to the Artisan.
1671981276036.png
Make an Order
1) Go to the Refine tab to gain access to food refining and other options. Here you can turn your village resource into food through a 2 stage refinement.​

Wheat
1671981408632.png1671981431548.png

Boar Carcass
1671981489530.png1671981505863.png
If you obtained other ingredients such as spice, you can make higher quality food.​

Food Bonus

When you have food with a bonus, the bonus will be applied in propertion to how much of said food is eaten by your troops. So for example, if your party needs 100 food and only 50 are eaten from the food that applies a bonus, then you recieve 50% of the bonus until the next meal.
By default troops will use the lower quality food first.

Official Guide

The official guide published by the developers can be found here: Food System
Don't hesitate to check it out for more information on specific foods!

Last edited:

Streamline

Recruit
Dec 5, 2022
Hunted 20 Boars now. Always had the highest price. 8 out of 10 products ready.
What am I doing wrong? (I have followed your hunting guide)

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hunted 20 Boars now. Always had the highest price. 8 out of 10 products ready.
What am I doing wrong? (I have followed your hunting guide)
You're not doing anything wrong. The hunting could use a re-balance.

The way it works, is that if you pay for example 200 per boar carcass, it only adds 1 boar carcass for every 200 you (or another player) earns while hunting. The payment for the job is done in such a low way, that you need to hunt 5 boars to add 1 boar carcass to your order. In your case, there may have been another player hunting at the same time.

Draggonfang

Recruit
Dec 29, 2022
I thought it was based off of how many headshots you got on them. Headshots are a clean kill so the carcass is unharmed.

Tararais

Recruit
Jan 9, 2024
Hi guys, how does the spiced pie work? do you have to carry 1 or more than 1 every time? thanks

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
The food bonus is applied until the next time food is consumed. If you have different food in your inventory, it will use the basic food (i.e. Bread) before it will use Spiced food.

The bonus should be proportionate to how much food with said bonus is consumed.

If you only have 1 spiced food, but the troops need 10 food, it might apply either a small percent of the bonus or expire after 2 and a half minute. (This part needs testing)