(Guide) A collection of errors and solutions

WASE

Recruit
Jan 8, 2023
Un guide pour cette erreur est répertorié ci-dessus dans le message d'origine. Vous l'avez dépassé ?

oui j'ai tout essayé :( vraiment bizarre.I have the latest version of the steam game, close the firewall, etc.

Loryic

Recruit
Oct 18, 2023
Hey! I'm having trouble with the "Could not update game mod! Unable to read data from the transport connection" error, i dont see any info about it. Could I get some help?

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hey! I'm having trouble with the "Could not update game mod! Unable to read data from the transport connection" error, i dont see any info about it. Could I get some help?
The error indicates the update server isn't available. You can try to reset our internet connection (or just reboot the PC) or use a VPN to see if it will bypass the error.

AssGoblin

Recruit
Jan 19, 2023
Could not update game mod! The Decryption operation failed, see inner exception. - MISSING

• not firewall. allowed launcher and even uninstaller to bypass firewall
  • uninstalled and cleared cash.
  • having persistent problem for MONTHS now. is there no end to this hell?

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Could not update game mod! The Decryption operation failed, see inner exception. - MISSING

• not firewall. allowed launcher and even uninstaller to bypass firewall
  • uninstalled and cleared cash.
  • having persistent problem for MONTHS now. is there no end to this hell?
From what I understand from this error, the issue seems related to the downloaded file getting corrupted.

If you have a VPN, try setting it to a different country, which may trigger a different download server.

Minusz

Recruit
Dec 2, 2023
Hi. The game keeps crashing, I tried everything suggested on the forum here, but the problems persist. I attach the crash report.

Attachments

• crash.png
    crash.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 0
  • crash2.png
    crash2.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 0
  • rgl_log_10952.txt
    209.4 KB · Views: 0

AlterEcho

Recruit
Mar 21, 2024
first time ever trying to play online, looked high and low on the internet with no luck and have tried fresh installs

Attachments

• bannerlord error online - Copy.png
    bannerlord error online - Copy.png
    97 KB · Views: 2

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
first time ever trying to play online, looked high and low on the internet with no luck and have tried fresh installs
While I can't say exactly what the cause is, I suspect it may be regional or provider (ISP). Very likely that using a VPN (possibly set to another country) should be able to bypass it.

On the other hand it can also be a DNS miscommunication and something as simple as restarting the PC (which reconnects the network) could resolve it.

Reactions: AlterEcho

AlterEcho

Recruit
Mar 21, 2024
While I can't say exactly what the cause is, I suspect it may be regional or provider (ISP). Very likely that using a VPN (possibly set to another country) should be able to bypass it.

On the other hand it can also be a DNS miscommunication and something as simple as restarting the PC (which reconnects the network) could resolve it.
Thankyou for your response, i will try the VPN route soon, however have tried a couple of restarts to no avail

AlterEcho

Recruit
Mar 21, 2024

So the VPN worked and got further than before but then this happened ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-21 173406.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-21 173406.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 4

AlterEcho

Recruit
Mar 21, 2024
That's a crash report from Taleworlds, not much we can do with that info. At what stage do you get that error message?

Have you tried verifying game files through Steam?

View attachment 1403
Once again thankyou for the response and the help with the last problem!

yeah tried restarting, uninstalling and verifying, i get the crash straight after the initial click on play where it loads something like 37k kb and then disappears and then the crash report comes up

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
is there something else i could provide that would give you more information for the problem?

• Are you able to launch and play single player without issues?
  • Do you have any other mods installed? (either through Nexusmods or Steam workshop)
  • If you care to share the rgl_log_8388.txt file, I don't mind looking at it to see if it has any hints. But odds are it won't have any useful information. The files should be stored in C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs.
  • IF single player works fine, go to the location where you installed the BO launcher and delete the Release_123456789.zip file. The numbers will be a bit randomised by the language selection for the game. Doing so will trigger the BO launcher to re-download everything. If you're not sure where you installed it, you may be able to right click the launcher and "Open file location" from there, or by going to the properties and then choose "Open file location", depending on your shortcut.

Reactions: AlterEcho

AlterEcho

Recruit
Mar 21, 2024
  • Are you able to launch and play single player without issues?
  • Do you have any other mods installed? (either through Nexusmods or Steam workshop)
  • If you care to share the rgl_log_8388.txt file, I don't mind looking at it to see if it has any hints. But odds are it won't have any useful information. The files should be stored in C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs.
  • IF single player works fine, go to the location where you installed the BO launcher and delete the Release_123456789.zip file. The numbers will be a bit randomised by the language selection for the game. Doing so will trigger the BO launcher to re-download everything. If you're not sure where you installed it, you may be able to right click the launcher and "Open file location" from there, or by going to the properties and then choose "Open file location", depending on your shortcut.
Sorry for the late reply, have tried to figure out the suggestions
Single player works fine and no dramas for a few months
i did have some mods but went into the folder with the mods and deleted them as read that could cause issues

............But, your last suggestion of deleting the release file worked! I am now at character customization screen. I want to say a huge thankyou mate as i appreciate your time. Thankyou!