GamePass Version, game folder not found

slashix

Recruit
Feb 14, 2023
Hey gents, i just looked on the gamepass and damn...i saw we got Bannerlord, so i downloaded the game on my 2nd hdd and then i downloaded the Bannerlod Online. But everytime i'm trying to launch the game the next error happens. I alredy put Bannerlord Online in the Bannerlod Modules folder, but it's still not working. Any tips? The current Gamepass Bannerlord version is V1.0.3.90551676392493302.png1676392416600.png

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hey gents, i just looked on the gamepass and damn...i saw we got Bannerlord, so i downloaded the game on my 2nd hdd and then i downloaded the Bannerlod Online. But everytime i'm trying to launch the game the next error happens. I alredy put Bannerlord Online in the Bannerlod Modules folder, but it's still not working. Any tips? The current Gamepass Bannerlord version is V1.0.3.9055

Thanks for the information. The content folder is likely a main issue for the installer. While it's worth trying to copy the entire folder Content folder and pasting it in "Mount & Blade II- Bannerlord", to make it look like the Steam structure, there's no garantee it will be able to launch the game as the executable may also be different for the Xbox version.

Additionally, not unimportant. Bannerlord Online runs on the latest live version, which is currently "v1.0.3.9860", meaning the xbox version is outdated. Version "v1.03.9055" is from early January, while we've been on "v1.0.3.9860" for nearly a month.

slashix

Recruit
Feb 14, 2023
I tried moving Bannerlord to differenet folders, but in that case the microsoft store does not recognize it as a legitimate game. I mean, it runs but no online available

SEHZADE

Recruit
Feb 15, 2023
I have same problem and I cant solve this . İf you solve this can you share with us ?

Pugs

Recruit
Feb 17, 2023
While im not 100% sure that this is the problem, there was a post in the bannerlord subreddit about needing to modify the directory names for the gamepass version to work with mods so ill post it here

ghostpunchy
·2 days ago

Yeah, absolutely! Should have in the original comment.
Each mod comes in a "module" folder, within there if there are dlls present there will be bin > Win64_Shipping_Client.
For the steam or GOG version, dropping the mods folder directly into the Bannerlord modules folder will work, however the gamepass version looks for a different file path that causes errors when launching.
For each mod that you add to the folder Bannerlord > Content > Modules, check to see if it has a bin folder. If it does, check the name of the next subfolder. If it is named Win64_Shipping_Client, rename it to Gaming.Desktop.x64_Shipping_Client and the game should be able to locate the dlls no problem. However, butterlib is still non-functional.
tl;dr:
Rename Bannerlord > Content > Module > Bin > "Win64_Shipping_Client" to Bannerlord > Content > Module > Bin > "Gaming.Desktop.x64_Shipping_Client"

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Having done some comparisons between the Steam version and the Microsoft version, I can tell the folder structure is certainly different. But not only the folders, the Mircosoft version also has different launcher files. So it's certainly not compatible with Bannerlord Online.

On top of that, as mentioned previously, the Microsoft Store (xbox game pass) version doesn't have the latest patch installed. Unlike most mods, Bannerlord Online is very complex and does rely on the server to be on the exact same version as single player. This effectively means, you can't play Bannerlord Online if your single player is outdated.

Perhaps in the future, but for now Steam and Epic Games Store are the only supported version for Bannerlord Online.

MrMangler

Recruit
Mar 14, 2023
is there any way to fix it yet ?
I think it will be difficult to fix. I also have gamepass, but more games don't get updated when new versions are available.
Me and my mates tried to play Conan Exile as well, very nice game. Played the whole evening only to realize we couldn't continue the next time because the xbox version was out of sync of the steam version.

CptNemo

Recruit
Apr 5, 2023
Я нашел исправление, напишите мне .... По какой-то причине я уверен, что мне не разрешено публиковать его здесь.
Greetings! If you really found something that fixes this problem, then write to me on telegram, please! my telegram: https://t.me/cptn3mo

Vilianaxnl

Recruit
May 30, 2023
Need help ??
I can't write to the topic.
Yours faithfully.

Кто то может помочь ??
Как создать свое первое сообщение.
С уважением.