Freeze after speaking to the chap in the first scene- cant get past it

Randrik

Recruit
Nov 29, 2021
New to the game, i can load the game and choose a server (EU), i then get to speak to a chap who says go and earn some money and then i just have a loading screen freeze each time and i cant move forward, any advice/help please would be gratefully received.

Ingame Name: Randrik
Server: Europe

Last edited:

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hi Randrik,

First of all. Welcome to Bannerlord Online.

Error messages and game freezes after character creation and prior to getting on the map, such as the one you experience, are almost always linked to having other mods installed for single player.

Mods installed, proceed here.
If you do have other mods installed, I recommend disabling them from the single player launcher. In most cases, this should resolve the issue. If it still persists after disabling mods, go to the Modules folder in the Bannerlord installation (\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules) and remove the other mods from this folder. You can place them in a new folder (i.e. on your desktop). This way, if you want the mods back, you don't have to reinstall them and can simply drag them back to the Modules folder.

No mods installed, proceed here.
If you do not have mods installed, or the steps to disabling them didn't resolve the issue, the next step you should take is validating your game files through Steam.

Verifying.gif

I hope these steps are able to help you play the mod!

Randrik

Recruit
Nov 29, 2021
1638293422235.png

Hi,

I have tried both suggestions, including fully re-installing the game, I only have the above mods which come as standard I believe?

I have also verified my files and that hasnt helped it either sadly.

Are you able to confirm the above question regarding the mods and do you have any other advice please?

Kind regards,

James