Enemys in battle spawn to close

Esteran

Recruit
Jun 19, 2021
Hello there,

i noticed, that in battles enemies always spawn way to close to your army. There is no way to organise my army into ranks when the enemy spawns like 50 meters in front of me.

It should be like in Singleplayer that you have enough time to move your army around before engaging.

FeikasNine

Recruit
Jun 22, 2021
Depending on the number of enemy soldiers, the distance on the battlefield is automatically adjusted.

Halit
Helper & Game Moderator
eh i was fighting 25 vs 30 looters and i thought well ill have enough space cause i had lots of archers but the looters spawned in like in 8v10 fight they need to take another look at that. and they do need to increase the distance by a bit even on the smaller fights.

snorasaur

Recruit
Jun 23, 2021
sometimes my horse and i get hit with arrows and javelins before i can even equip and raise my shield. this needs some balancing for smaller groups.

the game is supposed to be about commanding armies, but u get maybe 3 seconds to give orders and get ur weapons out before ur already getting hit.

im still new, so most parties i fight are about 10 and under, but i think the minimum distance needs to be increased.

Ultimate

Recruit
Jun 18, 2021
Khuzait
It's just about the game mechanics as Halit stated, it's something to do with game's default mechanics.

Shouldn't be really adjusted, imo.

snorasaur

Recruit
Jun 23, 2021
i just dont understand the need to spawn them so close. the game isnt really a fast paced game. i normally have to chase the group for over a minute before i can engage them. So i personally dont mind waiting 10-15 seconds to be able to organize my group, before the arrows start flying, as opposed to 2-5 seconds.

again, i still have a small group, under 20, and i try not to fight too big of groups (the starting distance being part of the reason). so MAYBE its better when fighting enemy groups of 20+.

LuXuS

Recruit
Jun 19, 2021
Present distance from enemies at start is a LOT too small - there is no chance to move your army w/o geting hits in the back, no time to set archers at hills, no time to send horses cuz first thing you need to do is put out shield and weapon so you doesn't die in first few seconds. At big fights you do have a bit more time but those fights count 30+ units and its useful only on plain terrain where you see enemy (at forest or hills you dont see enemy so you dont know how much time you got to spare)

snorasaur

Recruit
Jun 23, 2021
my tactics is almost 30, and yesterday i died from an arrow before i could get my horse moving. I had low health but still.

i know 30 isnt high, but if it does effect it, its not by much, AFAIK

Liquidius

Recruit
Jun 12, 2021
Yeah totally agree even setting up a shield wall is murder cause a few of them die before you can even move them. Especially against sea raiders.

Brinik

Recruit
Jun 30, 2021
I agree. There is hardly time to place your troops and you already have the enemies on you. With sea riders it is especially annoying because in many cases they appear already at throwning range and they make you casualties at star the battle map.