Crossbowmen not firing properly, and instead questioning their life choices.

Overtyped

Recruit
Jan 1, 2022
Crossbowmen arent firing properly since the patch. I tested it in loose formation, and many of them just stand there, even the ones standing in the very front, and without any sort of obstruction they don't fire. But, I have found that nudging them with your horse fixes it.

In the same formation, with the same numbers, and on the same map, prepatch, no looters would reach my crossbows, now after patch the looters even get kills.

I'm pretty sure i might know what causes it. Basically, the crossbows, despite standing still, are infact stuck between wanting to move and wanting to shoot, but they can't do both. That's why nudging them works, it breaks the loop.

Does anyone notice this same issue with archers? If there isn't an issue, then it might prove this hypothesis correct, since archers can shoot while moving.

Last edited:

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
hi,
This is an old problem in the main game, that has been fixed but seems to be back again after a new patch.
Ai is not able to control all units at once and they simply do nothing. There are tons of old videos ;) .

Overtyped

Recruit
Jan 1, 2022
hi,
This is an old problem in the main game, that has been fixed but seems to be back again after a new patch.
Ai is not able to control all units at once and they simply do nothing. There are tons of old videos ;) .
It feels like one step forward one step back with taleworlds.