Crashing

Luca Bravehide

Infantry Man
Apr 1, 2021
Its crashing for me too, every battle even 1v1 battle, 7 out of 7 times, everytime, after fresh install. Previously 1.58 playing with no crashes wih mod 1 week.

TripKow

Recruit
Mar 26, 2021
I tried that and it was still wasn't working. I was just doing trade runs for awhile, then was attacked and everything worked. I'm not crashing anymore!

RAPTOR

Infantry Man
Mar 21, 2021
Slovakia
Reinstall the mod, it's gotta be corrupt files. But I don't know how to reinstall the mod.
you have two folders with name Bannerlord Online in your modules ... in one of them is aplication for uninstal

and crashing you can fix by disbanding your army ... you can play alone without crash until they fix it (this works for me :))

Gul Dukat

Recruit
Mar 29, 2021
i have the same issue since an update 4 days ago. almost every battle i join i get disconected from it. it seams to me like my ping to the server that handles battles is weary high and that is the reason i get dropped out of a battle. after i reconect and more often then not get dropped out a 2nd time and reconect again the lag is gone and i can finish the battle normaly. but the rest of the game works fine with no lag.

Also some textures seam to bug out in battles since sometimes i see my men without a torso or a weapon etc so that might be another issue.

I have verified game files and reinstalled the mod and nothing has helped.

I'm not really keen on dropping all my troops or items as some people have sugested on the discrod unless it's like 100% solution

Reactions: Luca Bravehide

Luca Bravehide

Infantry Man
Apr 1, 2021
It a shame because they are dropping 255 looter stacks, deserter bandits, mercenary horsemen looter stacks, and 100 mountain stacks as I speak

Gul Dukat

Recruit
Mar 29, 2021
i tried disbanding my army, fight some battles solo, i rehired men bit by bit but the lagging out of battle problem is still there after i rehired some men

BlackWarrior

Recruit
Apr 6, 2021
After the update, I can't launch the launcher at all. At startup, it crashes all the time. I tried to reinstall the mod by installing it from the site. The launcher doesn't even want to download.

Bors

Recruit
Apr 5, 2021
I'm the same. Very frequent crashes when joining battles. Seems to be more frequent with other players involved.

NKP Bossi

Recruit
Apr 2, 2021
Just let the battles load and wait 3-5 sec befor u start commanding ur troops.
I had the same problem, now i just wait a moment and no crash anymore for now.

Epikus

Recruit
Mar 27, 2021
As many have mentioned, could be corrupted game files; but only you know if you been monkeying....
Its a guess at best.
Could be your comp needs a cleaning (once a year), getting hot from dust clogs or slow fan. Only you know.

If like me, game worked flawlessly, but started crashing, and i havent changed any files; but my comp was overheating from a fan failure.
Fixed that and the game was still crashing to my surprise.
As i considered a re-install, I noticed my HD was also getting pretty full so cleaned it up some, moved some files elsewhere and the game is great again. No re-install. Seems you need a good 100GB of clean space, or i do, with the other stuff i have running in the bg.

Consider maybe your HD has a bunch of files recently added (torrents maybe?) and maybe used up too much space. Move them elsewhere to another HD. Its a very resource demanding game.

Find your Bannerlord.exe file, r-click, select Properties, and then Compatibility tab, and check the 'Run as Admin' option and 'Apply'.

Update: Game started crashing again after i replaced my fans. Case is cold!
But, seems i got a bit adventurous on the video and performance settings after i swapped them around the first time. And again when i replaced them. I knew my game played flawlessly at one point so wasnt in the game install itself. It had to be something else. So i uninstalled and re-installed and stripped everything out, residual folders and files etc. Still had a problem so went over the video and performance settings and remembered that water and shadow settings can tend to need to be turned way down. Tried that and was an improvement.

Suggest you set your overall settings to medium or low and your crashes should stop. If so, then ypu can slowly up them in areas. Water, shadows and some lighting effects are probably best left low altogether. Its not a water game so you wont miss it.

My card is 3gig of ddr3 i think so i was playing well at high with just a few things turned down. So it depends what yur using.

Last edited: