Crashes after each battle | Trouble when joining a fight

Vikor Reacher

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
Hi!

This only happens to me when battling looters with other players, it usually kicks me out when I am joining the battle the first try (It says connection to the server is closed). And then it allows me to join the second time but after the battle the game usually crashes.

This mostly happened when playing with other players, when I go against other looters solo (being only my party against the looters party) everything goes smoothly most of the time.

Thank you for your attention!

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
Try Waiting for the Battle scene to end on it's own, it will automatically send you back to the world map after a short time. (avoid pressing TAB to leave the scene)

when joining group battles try waiting for the Attack Timer to count down and initiate the battle automatically. The "kicking" out of battle seems to be caused by not loading into the Scene Fast enough, having all players wait for the countdown should enable you all to load in at the same time.

this is just my thoughts on it though and other people have said this helps.

Vikor Reacher

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
Ohh I will try that then because I use to press TAB to leave the scene faster so it may be a problem as you say and I also use to press the "attack now" button xD

I also lowered my graphics and removed V-sinc as I just read in other posts, thank you and I will let you know how it goes after a I have few battles :)

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
Ohh I will try that then because I use to press TAB to leave the scene faster so it may be a problem as you say and I also use to press the "attack now" button xD

I also lowered my graphics and removed V-sinc as I just read in other posts, thank you and I will let you know how it goes after a I have few battles :)
in Solo battles it should be safe to press "attack" and "tab", if someone reinforced you during an attack though, then treat it as a Group battle.

Hopefully this method works for you.

Vikor Reacher

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
I fought 2 battles against looters and in the 2nd it crashed again :(

It did not work at all but the good news is that I did not have the "server is closed" issue in any of them so that is something at least.

I read in global chat that people how has the game in an SSD has not experienced almost any crashes so maybe I will move the game to my SSD tomorrow to check it out!

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
I fought 2 battles against looters and in the 2nd it crashed again :(

It did not work at all but the good news is that I did not have the "server is closed" issue in any of them so that is something at least.

I read in global chat that people how has the game in an SSD has not experienced almost any crashes so maybe I will move the game to my SSD tomorrow to check it out!
yes, using an SSD is recommended, this was going to be my next suggestion.

Vikor Reacher

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
Ok so I switched to an SSD and played the game for a while but the crashes kept happening, then I also tried to change the settings of the game like lowering graphics or sound quality.

Now I do not crash in all coop battles but ocasionally it keeps crashing randomly when leaving a village/town/battle or sometimes when entering them. Thanks to the SSD I can reload the game faster so it is not so annoying but I do not know what else to try to not have any crashes at all.

Anyway, thank you for your help Henry because your advice helped me to suffer a bit less this issue!

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
Ok so I switched to an SSD and played the game for a while but the crashes kept happening, then I also tried to change the settings of the game like lowering graphics or sound quality.

Now I do not crash in all coop battles but ocasionally it keeps crashing randomly when leaving a village/town/battle or sometimes when entering them. Thanks to the SSD I can reload the game faster so it is not so annoying but I do not know what else to try to not have any crashes at all.

Anyway, thank you for your help Henry because your advice helped me to suffer a bit less this issue!
yep, results seem to vary from person to person but everyone has seen at least a mild reduction in crashes since switching their settings, some have even suggested that they haven't crashed at all since switching, doing what I can to at least minimise the risk of crashing for people until it gets fixed by the BL:O team.

the final thing I would suggest doing is changing your PC's power settings to High Performance and setting your Nvidia or equivalent to high performance as well.

Last edited:

Vikor Reacher

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
Okey I will try that as well if I have more trouble, but I am glad to say that since the last update the devs made I crash a lot less than before, they are doing a great job :3