Crash when joining a Server

Newbierank

Recruit
Dec 19, 2021
Whenever I attempt to join the EU server (haven't tested the other ones) my game loads for a minute or two before showing the infamous "The application has faced a problem" popup, any ideas on what is wrong?

I've turned down my settings to the lowest I can, I have 16GB of gram and viable specs, the game IS stored on an external Hard Drive so that might be the issue, but I want to know if there is anything else I can do to fix it before spending money. Thank you in advance!

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hi Newbierank,

game crashing after selecting a server, or after creating a character, are often linked to having mods installed for single player. If you have any mods installed, it is recommended to disable them from the single player launcher. Though in some cases this does not resolve it, and the actual mods have to be removed from the Modules folder. (\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules)

Verifying your game files is also something worth doing. It takes little time and is a very common solution to problems with crashes.

Verifying.gif