CPU always at 100% even though 8x3,6ghz cpu

NKP Mono

Recruit
Mar 19, 2021
is this normal?

are the CPU requirments this high? or is it just not working that well with intel or not optimised for this?

Gussani

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
Ryzen 3 2200G, no GPU and still not even 50% CPU. Try to lower the settings or something.

Attachments

• CPU Usage.JPG
    CPU Usage.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 14

NKP Mono

Recruit
Mar 19, 2021
i did now, still 100% even though i changed setting from very high to very low

EDIT: its only like this if im travelling on the world map in town or village only 50-60%
EDIT2: also its likely to happen that my game crashed on the world map

Last edited:

Gussani

Recruit
Mar 17, 2021
For the crashes, put the game and mod location on an SSD, apparently a lot of crashes have been fixed for many players by doing that. For the CPU, I've got no idea, I have some settings on Medium and others on Low and Very Low and even in battles I don't go over 60% (Mind you I don't have a GPU so that's perfectly fine in my case).

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
Turn off V-Sync, Turn off Anti-aliasing, set sound channels to very low (64) these 3 will reduce the CPU strain,

ALSO, UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS! THIS IS WHY YOU'RE CONSTANTLY AT 100% CPU USAGE.

Reactions: Treonar

NKP Mono

Recruit
Mar 19, 2021
did everything you said still 100% cpu usage
EDIT: also the game keeps crashing like no game did ever before i enter arena crash i leave arena crash i enter town crash

Last edited:

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
did everything you said still 100% CPU usage
EDIT: also the game keeps crashing like no game did ever before I enter arena crash I leave arena crash I enter town crash
it's something to do with your GPU not being connected properly or not registering correctly, your CPU is overclocking to compensate for it. might also be due to a corrupted system file.

Last edited:

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
i see.. my gpu % is pretty high but thats not the case when i play normal bannerlord :(
if you're on windows pull up your computers Command prompt in admin mode and type: SFC /scannow then press enter.

This will verify your systems files and replace any damaged files. might take some time, SFC stands for System File Checker and comes with all Windows operating systems and is used to repair damaged system files.

make a note THIS IS ONLY FOR @Mono AND ANYONE ELSE WHO IS EXPERIENCING 100% CPU USAGE CONSTANTLY.

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
SFC /scannow did nothing there wasnt anything found it said
outside of this there isn't much more I can suggest unless I've missed something, unless I've overlooked something, if you're using NVidia remember to install the latest drivers for that through the GeForce experience tool and adjust your settings for that through the GeGorce experience app, Make sure the Settings in the Application are set for high performance and make sure that your (Advanced) PC power Setting is also set to performance.

if anybody else has any more idea's about what could help you, I hope they Respond.

Henry Skalitz

Veteran
Mar 17, 2021
this was before i used the frame limiter now its only used to 20%
The GPU is used for Graphics, lowering the Frame limiter reduces strain on CPU and GPU. have a play around with steadily increasing the Frame limiter to see if you can find that "Sweet" spot where your CPU Remains at a stable usage and where your GPU is still being used to a level you find adequate.

there is also a problem going on with Memory usage Spiking to up to 20 times what it should be (between 20GB-40GB) which I suspect to also be a cause for some crashes.

You can check this by opening Task manager and Selecting the Details tab.

It should be around 1GB-2GB (See image below):
Screenshot (12).png

You will have to wait for an update if you are having memory usage problems.