Clan Quest impossible to beat

Joakim Svenne

Recruit
Mar 9, 2023
I don't know how you are supposed to fight 50 guys with 7 men, i've spent hours trying the same quest over and over, using spear/sword/bow and so on, i also tried using only range units, only melee units or a mix of the two (all max tier btw). I tried the glitchy area from youtube videos (when you stand on the rocks at the side of the fort and just spamming arrows) but everytime they get close we get absolutely mangled. Is this quest supposed to be completed very late game? aka when you have the best gear in the game or something? This quest just seems way to hard despite what weapons/gear or units i use. The only thing i can think of how someone completed it was when the youtube bug worked and the enemies got stuck on the wall...

Last edited:

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
The clan creation dungeon is meant to be difficult and not suitable for beginners. That aside, it's certainly not impossible and can even be fairly easy depending on which approach works best for the player doing it. So the 2 common approaches are as followed.

Bring a ranged weapon (bow/crossbow) so you can shoot enemies from afar and lure them towards you, one group at a time.

Ranged Units
Preferred troops: Battanian Fian Champion or Aserai Master Archer if the first is not available
Strategy: Make sure to position your ranged units ahead of time and make them shoot the groups as they approach. It is your job to be the tank and keep the groups away from your archers while they do the killing. In other words, run around and make them follow you, do not engage in combat if possible.
Note: Crossbow units are not an option, they have insufficient ammo.

Shield Infantry
Preferred troops: Imperial Legionaries, Sturgian Heavy Spearman, Aserai Palace Guard
Strategy: Make sure to position your troops in a shield wall ahead of time and use your ranged weapon to lure the groups towards them. When the enemies get close, you do all the killing by flanking the enemies that are attacking the shield wall.

Joakim Svenne

Recruit
Mar 9, 2023
The clan creation dungeon is meant to be difficult and not suitable for beginners. That aside, it's certainly not impossible and can even be fairly easy depending on which approach works best for the player doing it. So the 2 common approaches are as followed.

Bring a ranged weapon (bow/crossbow) so you can shoot enemies from afar and lure them towards you, one group at a time.

Ranged Units
Preferred troops: Battanian Fian Champion or Aserai Master Archer if the first is not available
Strategy: Make sure to position your ranged units ahead of time and make them shoot the groups as they approach. It is your job to be the tank and keep the groups away from your archers while they do the killing. In other words, run around and make them follow you, do not engage in combat if possible.

Shield Infantry
Preferred troops: Imperial Legionaries, Sturgian Heavy Spearman, Aserai Palace Guard
Strategy: Make sure to position your troops in a shield wall ahead of time and use your ranged weapon to lure the groups towards them. When the enemies get close, you do all the killing by flanking the enemies that are attacking the shield wall.

Alright man, thanks for the answer! i'll try that shield wall strategy at the corner of the map or something, i think i'm far too slow to run away from the guys in the fort in the second or third wave in my current athletics level.
Thanks again Wolf.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Alright man, thanks for the answer! i'll try that shield wall strategy at the corner of the map or something, i think i'm far too slow to run away from the guys in the fort in the second or third wave in my current athletics level.
Thanks again Wolf.

Important to know that the battle ends if no damage is done for 5 minutes. This applies to all fights, but is more likely to happen in these hideouts while planning your battle.

Reactions: Joakim Svenne

Joakim Svenne

Recruit
Mar 9, 2023
Important to know that the battle ends if no damage is done for 5 minutes. This applies to all fights, but is more likely to happen in these hideouts while planning your battle.
Ohhh i didn't know that, luckily i got endless of tries hahah, i got one more question btw - do i need to complete this quest in order to join a clan? And do pve clans still exist? i saw an old video of someone joining one of those. That would be very helpful and by joining huge fights i would level up a little faster.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Ohhh i didn't know that, luckily i got endless of tries hahah, i got one more question btw - do i need to complete this quest in order to join a clan? And do pve clans still exist? i saw an old video of someone joining one of those. That would be very helpful and by joining huge fights i would level up a little faster.
The quest is for creating your own clan. You can join a clan without doing that quest, but note that joining a clan will cancel that quest.
While there is a 2 day cooldown before you can join another clan if you leave a clan, that cooldown does not apply to creating a clan.

There should be a few PvE clans around, depends on the server of course. But I know NA and EU should have some.

Reactions: Joakim Svenne

Modars

Recruit
Mar 25, 2023

Ranged Units

Shield Infantry
How can I get fian champion ?