Choosing factions and consequences

almightyze

Recruit
Mar 22, 2021
Greetings Players and Devs,

As a big fan of vanilla M&B2:B and Bannerlord Online mod I'd like to suggest a few things. I was playing this mod since beggining, I've had long break and now I'm here again. Clan system, new items, and lot of other features are cool but I can really feel lack of factions influence. Now the faction that we're choosing doesn't matter at all. Therefore we can see players with the same equipment, the same meta armies heading up to Zeonica. This is incredibly boring and non-immersive.
Here is what i thought:

1. After choosing culture and creating character, player should spawn near capital city of chosen faction, in example - Omor, Sturgia. This would cause trade to expand in cities other than Zeonica.
2. If you choose one faction, you shouldn't be able to recruit units from other factions. I know that Battanian Fians, Imperial Cataphracts or Vlandian Sharpshooters are powerful but It doesn't make sense when everyone has them in their armies. All factions have their pros and cons.
3. Clans should be faction dependent. Wars between clans are cool, but here comes my other idea: Wars between factions as event. After turning on an event (for example, war between Battania vs. Vlandia) every war between clans of the same faction will be suspended till end of conflict between factions.

In closing, please write down what you think about the idea presented above. Additionally, sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language. Regards.

Reactions: Queen Anna

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
Greetings Players and Devs,

As a big fan of vanilla M&B2:B and Bannerlord Online mod I'd like to suggest a few things. I was playing this mod since beggining, I've had long break and now I'm here again. Clan system, new items, and lot of other features are cool but I can really feel lack of factions influence. Now the faction that we're choosing doesn't matter at all. Therefore we can see players with the same equipment, the same meta armies heading up to Zeonica. This is incredibly boring and non-immersive.
Here is what i thought:

1. After choosing culture and creating character, player should spawn near capital city of chosen faction, in example - Omor, Sturgia. This would cause trade to expand in cities other than Zeonica.
2. If you choose one faction, you shouldn't be able to recruit units from other factions. I know that Battanian Fians, Imperial Cataphracts or Vlandian Sharpshooters are powerful but It doesn't make sense when everyone has them in their armies. All factions have their pros and cons.
3. Clans should be faction dependent. Wars between clans are cool, but here comes my other idea: Wars between factions as event. After turning on an event (for example, war between Battania vs. Vlandia) every war between clans of the same faction will be suspended till end of conflict between factions.

In closing, please write down what you think about the idea presented above. Additionally, sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language. Regards.
hi almightyze,

Since you have not played for a long time, you can see very clearly, that there are not so many significant changes in mod in a whole year.
And the reason for this is very simple and banal, - the development team is too small to unlock the full potential of this mod.
You offer very good ideas, and other pple, before you, also expressed many interesting thoughts. But I have never seen a response from the developers to these ideas, unfortunately :(

Reactions: almightyze

DN Xamarius

Recruit
Dec 25, 2021
Hi there,

These are good ideas but there is some things to say about it in my opinion :

1. Zeonica is a new player area, that's why there is a lot of small looter packs near the city to allow begginers to level-up properly.
What would it be if we had small packs near every spawn area like it's the case at Zeonica (1 by faction then) ? it could be boring for experienced players if they had to travel further away every time they want to grind some bandits.
Furthermore, I'm not sure that spreading the market offer would be a good thing. More spreading = less items in every cities, I think players dont want to travel from city to city to find the item they are looking for.

2. This would result on a completely unbalanced pvp. Imagine if Vlandians couldnt buy Fians/Cata/AHHA etc... which are simply the best pvp units.
Some factions have way more cons than pros and would get destroyed everytime if they cant use the best units.
The actual state is indeed bad for immersion but mandatory for a balanced pvp.

3. The geopolotics set up by the players has already set this up partly for some factions.
For example, Vlandia already agreed for a king and most of actives vlandians clans are actual vassals of him. I dont remember wars ungoing between Vlandians or Battanians clans.
I am a little aware of the internal geopolitics of other factions but in any case this should remain on the decision/actions of players. If someday a huge clan decide to unite his faction by diplomacy or war, his leader would be able to declare war and have his whole faction and his clans behind him.
Like it is the case in real life. For example, the hundred years war didnt stoped the internal conflicts between great houses, on the contrary, it exacerbated them because everyone wants the power and take part for the one who can help him in this matter.

See you in-game, regards.

Oakenlix

Infantry Man
Apr 11, 2021
hi almightyze,

Since you have not played for a long time, you can see very clearly, that there are not so many significant changes in mod in a whole year.
And the reason for this is very simple and banal, - the development team is too small to unlock the full potential of this mod.
You offer very good ideas, and other pple, before you, also expressed many interesting thoughts. But I have never seen a response from the developers to these ideas, unfortunately :(
That's not true, the developers often respond and discuss ideas on the official BO Discord.
Also there's plenty significant changes that have happened... Maybe just not significant to you.

As for the ideas, 1 is difficult to implement properly, 2 and 3 are just really bad.

almightyze

Recruit
Mar 22, 2021
That's not true, the developers often respond and discuss ideas on the official BO Discord.
Also there's plenty significant changes that have happened... Maybe just not significant to you.

As for the ideas, 1 is difficult to implement properly, 2 and 3 are just really bad.
do you have any arguments that the ideas are bad?

Oakenlix

Infantry Man
Apr 11, 2021
Well @DN Xamarius has already laid out a good argument against them.

2. Yes, all factions have pros and cons, but that doesn't mean they're even remotely balanced. Arbitrarily forcing people into playing with bad troops is a horrendous game design.
3. There's enough stuff going on between the clans as it is. Overruling actual human relations with randomly occuring events forcing wars onto clans brings no value whatsoever and only limits the choices.

DN Xamarius

Recruit
Dec 25, 2021
This is too defiant, and disrespectful to the interlocutor.

Can you give at least one example of discussing ideas?
And yes, we are not on BO Discord, we are on the OFFICIAL forum of the game.

The devs answered a lot of problems and ideas given by the players.
Ex : The horse's stamina against battles that last for hours.
The possibility of making noble units in the Frostlands
The "Retreat" mechanic

etc...

I think we should stop biting the hand that feed us. The devs are actually doing a good job and the mod still have a brilliant futur thanks to their work and great ideas, feedback of players.
Cant wait for the next update releases, the mod is really going in the right way in my opinion.

Reactions: ZorakiTSK

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
The devs answered a lot of problems and ideas given by the players.
Ex : The horse's stamina against battles that last for hours.
The possibility of making noble units in the Frostlands
The "Retreat" mechanic
hi DN Xamarius,
Can you just provide a link to a discussion of these ideas here on the forum?
I think we should stop biting the hand that feed us. The devs are actually doing a good job and the mod still have a brilliant futur thanks to their work and great ideas, feedback of players.
Nobody's going to bite anybody's hands.
Just a simple statement of facts based on one example: A year ago, a siege of castles was promised, has it been implemented?

DN Xamarius

Recruit
Dec 25, 2021
hi DN Xamarius,
Can you just provide a link to a discussion of these ideas here on the forum?

Nobody's going to bite anybody's hands.
Just a simple statement of facts based on one example: A year ago, a siege of castles was promised, has it been implemented?
Hi Queen Anna,

Does the link of the discussion really matter when we find that some problems stated by the players have been solved ?

Concerning the siege of castles, we need to be patient, it will come they told it in the Patreon page. The development team is small and we cant ask them to work like a big industry.

Oakenlix

Infantry Man
Apr 11, 2021
This is too defiant, and disrespectful to the interlocutor.

Can you give at least one example of discussing ideas?
And yes, we are not on BO Discord, we are on the OFFICIAL forum of the game.
Yes, I can. Join the discord and I'll link it to you.
The Discord server is just as OFFICIAL as this forum.

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
Does the link of the discussion really matter when we find that some problems stated by the players have been solved ?
This is of fundamental importance, since Mr. Oakenliks wrote: That's not true,...
Concerning the siege of castles, we need to be patient, it will come they told it in the Patreon page. The development team is small and we cant ask them to work like a big industry.
I wrote the same in my first message in this thread.

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
Yes, I can...
Please just do it, just provide a link to the developer discussion of ideas to improve the game here on the forum.

Аххаах, или это очередной, (сбилась уже со счета, какой именно) бездоказательный слив :ROFLMAO:

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
Dear almightyze,
You understand what's going on here, your opponent Mr. Oakenlix is a well-known abuser, who probably used all the abuses in this game, but was not banned, because he is also (according to some information) also a moderator. Of course, they are very comfortable with the current situation, and they simply do not want to change anything.

almightyze

Recruit
Mar 22, 2021
Arbitrarily forcing people into playing with bad troops is a horrendous game design.
Literally no one is forced to play with bad troops. Possibility to choose culture at the very start of the game isn't there with no reason. I am Sturgia fan and I'm aware that this faction don't have strong troops but anyway I would play as Sturgian. If somebody wants to play in faction with stronger units - it would be possible. So, your argument doesn't make sense, sorry.

What is the point of playing M&B when everyone has armies with the best units from every possible factions? It's extremaly boring.

Oakenlix

Infantry Man
Apr 11, 2021
Please just do it, just provide a link to the developer discussion of ideas to improve the game here on the forum.
I wasn't talking about the forum.

Dear almightyze,
You understand what's going on here, your opponent Mr. Oakenlix is a well-known abuser, who probably used all the abuses in this game, but was not banned, because he is also (according to some information) also a moderator. Of course, they are very comfortable with the current situation, and they simply do not want to change anything.
Lol.

Literally no one is forced to play with bad troops. Possibility to choose culture at the very start of the game isn't there with no reason. I am Sturgia fan and I'm aware that this faction don't have strong troops but anyway I would play as Sturgian. If somebody wants to play in faction with stronger units - it would be possible. So, your argument doesn't make sense, sorry.

What is the point of playing M&B when everyone has armies with the best units from every possible factions? It's extremaly boring.
You can't expect people to make informed choices about which troops they will have to use when they create their characters, there's nothing reasonable about that. Severely limiting people's options in the game for the sake of a supposed increase in immersion is just not worth it.

And if you think all players using the best units is boring - that's true, but it's 100 times better than forcing some players to use shitty ones instead.

almightyze

Recruit
Mar 22, 2021
And if you think all players using the best units is boring - that's true, but it's 100 times better than forcing some players to use shitty ones instead.
I've already said that, no one is forcing anybody to do something they doesn'nt want to do. Is there something that you want me to explain you?
You can't expect people to make informed choices about which troops they will have to use when they create their characters, there's nothing reasonable about that.
First of all, I'm pretty sure that every player who is playing this Mod now, has something to do with vanilla single player and knows which faction and what kind of gameplay he prefers.

Other thing is that choosing a culture doesn't have to be at the very start of the game, it could be, for example, during joining/creating clan.

Reactions: Queen Anna

Oakenlix

Infantry Man
Apr 11, 2021
I've already said that, no one is forcing anybody to do something they doesn'nt want to do. Is there something that you want me to explain you?
I don't want to have to use sturgian only units while being sturgian / in a sturgian clan. Explain how your suggestion isn't gonna force me to do that.

First of all, I'm pretty sure that every player who is playing this Mod now, has something to do with vanilla single player and knows which faction and what kind of gameplay he prefers.

Other thing is that choosing a culture doesn't have to be at the very start of the game, it could be, for example, during joining/creating clan.
You can be sure if you want, but that's simply not the case, and I know people who started playing Bannerlord just for this mod.

But even if you let people postpone their culture choice or be able to change it, there's still no point in limiting players' choice of units like that.

Oakenlix

Infantry Man
Apr 11, 2021
Can you explain to the community, for example, why have you been carrying for this mule a very long time? And then we'll all know lol it or not :ROFLMAO:
The community isn't asking me these questions, your delusional ass is.