Bannerlord Online on Xbox Pass!

Sir Borin

Recruit
Jul 8, 2021
Hello! Recently bannerlord was added to xbox pass PC and me and my friend wish to play online togheter. We struggle with finding the game folder in the launcher. It says "Could not find installed game! Please, select the game folder". We installed the launcher game in the modules folder. Can someone help me fix it? Or is it even possible to play bannerlord online on xbox pass PC? Every help would be apreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Sir Borin

Recruit
Jul 8, 2021
Maybe it does not recognise the game as being there. If someone found a fix or the right folder to put in the correct path please tell us.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
The developers will need to investigate and possibly modify the installer for Bannerlord Online.

The main issue seems to be that the Xbox version has a different folder structure, one the BO installer isn't familiar with.
Steam folder structure for example is "\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\", where as Xbox structure seems to be "\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\content\Modules\". The result is that the installer isn't finding the files and folders where it expects it to be.

As I don't have the xbox version, I'm unable to test if it's possible to trick the installaer and afterwards the launcher.

boratreborn

Recruit
Feb 14, 2023
If you try add the launcher to steam, it says that it doesn't have permission to use the launcher.
im thinking the the launcher cant find the exe. because it doesn't have permission to access it.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
If you try add the launcher to steam, it says that it doesn't have permission to use the launcher.
im thinking the the launcher cant find the exe. because it doesn't have permission to access it.

The xbox store has a reputation for being very strict on permissions (ones even admin accounts can't bypass) and difficult with modding games in general. It's quite possible that there is no solution. It will need to be looked into.

• Sad
Reactions: boratreborn

Sir Borin

Recruit
Jul 8, 2021
do anyone tried moving all the module files from content/modules to bannerlord/modules like in the steam version?
I tried moving all content from "Content" folder outside of it so it will have a similar structure like steam's version but with no luck. At that point microsoft does not recognize the game anymore. Similary i tried to copy the content from "Content" folder so i will have the same files in content and outside of it but with no luck as well. I noticed that the launcher also looks different from the steam version.

Maybe someone will find out how to trick the bannerlord online's launcher so we can play as well :(.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
There are a lot of difficulties with the microsoft store when it comes to modding for all games. It's not an issue limited to Bannerlord or Bannerlord Online.

MrMangler

Recruit
Mar 14, 2023
The xbox store has a reputation for being very strict on permissions (ones even admin accounts can't bypass) and difficult with modding games in general. It's quite possible that there is no solution. It will need to be looked into.
The xbox game pass version supports mods. It's even visible in the launcher.
As a developer myself I can tell you, there is definitely a solution if the developers are willing to put the time into it.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Pls devs, atleast open source
This is no priority for the developers. They're busy rewriting the entire code to make it less dependable on Taleworlds code and change from Windows hosting to Linux hosting.

Once all that is done, they can consider looking into xbox game pass. But other significant mods revealed that it's not a simple 1 day fix. It took Butterlib weeks to find a way to not make it crash on Xbox gamepass.