Bannerlord online not working plz help

ExtremeStuff

Recruit
Jan 19, 2022
When I press play it says the mod doesn't support the current version of the game, however I am in the correct version according to the discord. Plz help

NuclearNarwhal

Recruit
Jan 19, 2022
hi,
It would be easier to understand your question, if you attached screenshots ;)
Roger, here you are. I get this message whenever I try to launch through the Bannerlord online launcher. I've done a bunch of the usual tricks, verified, uninstalled and reinstalled, reinstalled on a new hard drive, each time completely removing and reinstalling the Online Launcher, still with no success. I'm not sure whats going on or if its not finding or recognizing my game or any other number of things.

The bannerlord launcher is under the online launcher to verify that my version is correct.

Attachments

• BannerlordOnlineScreenshot1.png
    BannerlordOnlineScreenshot1.png
    776.4 KB · Views: 29

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
Roger, here you are. I get this message whenever I try to launch through the Bannerlord online launcher. I've done a bunch of the usual tricks, verified, uninstalled and reinstalled, reinstalled on a new hard drive, each time completely removing and reinstalling the Online Launcher, still with no success. I'm not sure whats going on or if its not finding or recognizing my game or any other number of things.

The bannerlord launcher is under the online launcher to verify that my version is correct.
Thank you, the screenshots are good.
But I can't help you with this question, please wait for the site administrators response here, or go to the discord https://discord.com/invite/7ZGdaU678c for a quick answer.

Reactions: NuclearNarwhal

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands

Hi NuclearNarwhal,

The issue you are experiencing is because the updater fails to communicate with thr update server. This issue can be caused on by various things including your PC, your network, your internet provider.

PC
Issues can be caused by your DNS, Proxi or Firewall. This is difficult to figure out and I can't really make any suggestions on this.

Network
These cases can be caused by settings or security on your network. You can try using a VPN or a Hotspot (for example using your phone). This has solved it for several people.

Internet Provider
Same suggestions as for the network, except if this is the case, you can't solve it by making changes.

Based on issue lately, there is a chance the update server itself has an issue. In which case nothing can be done on your end.

Reactions: NuclearNarwhal

NuclearNarwhal

Recruit
Jan 19, 2022
That solved the issue, used Proton VPN and it worked fine, maybe OP with have similar luck. Note that I only needed proton VPN for the update, I could close it after I launched the game and everything worked A OK. Hope this helps OP.

Note that sometimes it would feed me the error anyway, this was fixed by completely closing down all instances of Proton in task manager, uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher (I'd keep the .exe somewhere you can easily get to it), and trying again. But the issue is relatively rare now.