bannerlord online economy collapse

skyjin

Recruit
Jan 6, 2023
Currently the economy is driven only by players which makes the world crazy. Did you see the price of leather? In this system, no one would work hard to support society, because there is no big incentive. We must put AI agents to work and compete players to maintain the economy and the price! Please remember there were so many promising games just gone, because they failed to manage the economy.

Reactions: MrNotsoRude

Akuspacks

Recruit
Jan 4, 2023
Hi skylin,

sorry to say but in opinion, the system works how it should work. High request for a resource makes it more expensive. This is the normal way of life. NPC-Trading would disturb all ECO in the world. Leather prices on EU-Server are 6k/pcs what is fine in point of view. You have so many ways to make money like working in the farms (boars hunting, woodcutting, mining or harvesting) or just hunt bandits.

BR
Akuspakcs

skyjin

Recruit
Jan 6, 2023
Hi, Akuspacks

I understand the price goes up when the supply does not follow to the demand. However, the market in the game is not the same like the normal way of life, so the game market requires the sensitive incentive design.

My point is not about the high demand but the supply chains. Yeah you're right about the source of gold. Especially hunting bandits keep printing the gold, but this gold does not boost the economy since they came out from nowhere and just causes the inflation. the level of incentive to produce raw materials would not increase like the price even though it goes up. What's the point of market if you need to produce everything by yourself because of lack of suppliers.

I am just suggesting to discuss creating the healthy economy system, instead relying on the gold farmer like World of Warcraft for the economy in future. I hope this thread does raise any fire.

Ogedei Khan

Recruit
Mar 30, 2021
I think there should be NPC peasants in every village doing the leg work. We as lords are their custodians, we protect and defend our villages so the peasants and income can flow... the number of peasants in the town equals X income. Clans can Raid, attack/steal peasants from enemy clan-controlled towns to their own lands, it could even use the prisoner system for capture and recapture. you only need to work resources if you want to supplement lost peasants.. peasants respawn at period rates. Large Settlements require resources from villages, or taxes in form of money or goods, this would burn off excess supply or could be used toward faction influence or settlement upgrades.

just some ideas

Reactions: Erdensang

skyjin

Recruit
Jan 6, 2023
I think there should be NPC peasants in every village doing the leg work. We as lords are their custodians, we protect and defend our villages so the peasants and income can flow... the number of peasants in the town equals X income. Clans can Raid, attack/steal peasants from enemy clan-controlled towns to their own lands, it could even use the prisoner system for capture and recapture. you only need to work resources if you want to supplement lost peasants.. peasants respawn at period rates. Large Settlements require resources from villages, or taxes in form of money or goods, this would burn off excess supply or could be used toward faction influence or settlement upgrades.

just some ideas

Yeah I totally agree. The level of security and prosper may also affect it.

Reactions: Erdensang