absurd

xMarcoPOLO

Recruit
Jun 24, 2021
- In-game name: TPA UMAY
- Game server: EU
- SSD/HDD: SDD
- Antivirus on/off + antivirus name: Windows Defender
- Computer characteristics (OS, processor, RAM, video card): Windows 10, I5, 16GBRAM, GTX 1050
- Crash or balance bug: /replay 002332804 Although the javelin thrown by the other side touched my shield in the 06:30 minute of this battle, my horse's health decreased.
The fact that such events are mostly experienced by the same players makes me think that the firewall of the game may be weak.

(10.01.2022)

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hi TPA Umay,

This is the big downside of the P2P system used to handle battles, which relies on all connected parties to share their network and pc resources to create the connection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer

if this happens a lot with the same players, it would be more accurate to point out these players may not be able to handle the load of the P2P.

xMarcoPOLO

Recruit
Jun 24, 2021
So what kind of measures do you take against acts that make this type of game look bad (p2p)?
Wouldn't it be better if people within a certain ping range play games on the same server?

Reactions: Queen Anna

DP Kacpi

Infantry Man
Nov 5, 2021
Poland
Unfortunately, it can sometimes be used as an exploit when the player deliberately disconnects the internet for a few seconds in order to delay. ;>

Queen Anna

Veteran
Jun 15, 2021
So what kind of measures do you take against acts that make this type of game look bad (p2p)?
Wouldn't it be better if people within a certain ping range play games on the same server?
This is a very good idea.
It would be great if the developers opened another server (in Turkey for example). But, as you understand, it costs a lot of money...

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Although more specific regional server can in theory improve it, that's not a guarantee.

There are plenty of people from Russia or Eastern Europe that have no issues with connectivity, while at the same time people from say Germany can have the issue. These issues also occur between NA players.

There are multiple factors that can make P2P connection bad, not just the internet speed. Now I'm not saying P2P is the best option, but as of now, it is the only option.

Taleworlds will not release tools for dedicated servers until they exit early access.