The version of the game is outdated! - advices from guide doesn't work for me, version of launcher is stuck on 1.6.1

Axen

Recruit
Mar 23, 2021
Hi,
I have this problem that I can't get Bannerlord Online Launcher updated. I have no idea what might be the reason.
I have already tried adding an exception in Firewall and Windows Defender. I also used VPN but it didn't work.

Also, there is one point in the guide that i don't know how to do, so maybe someone would know.
  1. If the version is different between Bannerlord Online and the base Bannerlord, then Bannerlord Online has detected an old installation on your computer. This could be a previous installation, or remnant files from having moved the installation. You'll have to search for the duplicate installation and remove it. Then reinstall Bannerlord Online.
Or maybe should I just download the 1.6.1 Bannerlord version and then try to launch Bannerlord Online? Would it work?

please help ;)

Attachments

• file1.png
    file1.png
    423.6 KB · Views: 22
  • file2.png
    file2.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 21

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Hello Axen,

Your screenshot of the launcher shows that Bannerlord Online is detecting your base game as e1.6.1. Bannerlord Online is currently running on 1.7.2. The exact version you need is e1.7.2.316284.

Run the single player launcher and check which version it displays there.

If that also says e1.6.1, then you need to update Bannerlord single player to e1.7.2.
If that shows e1.7.2, but Bannerlord Online shows e1.6.1, then you have a second installation (or remnant files of it) installed on your computer and will need to remove that.

Reactions: Axen

Axen

Recruit
Mar 23, 2021
My single player Bannerlord is updated to e1.7.2.
Do you know where can i find files of e1.6.1 version? I think i've searched through all of my M&B folders and still i can't find it.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
My single player Bannerlord is updated to e1.7.2.
Do you know where can i find files of e1.6.1 version? I think i've searched through all of my M&B folders and still i can't find it.
It's very likely an old installation or a location of which you previously had the game installed and moved it.

Though it is possible to find the location in the windows registry, it's safer to not go there if you don't have experience with it.

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
Do you think reinstalling Bannerlord would make it work?
It's possible, but unlikely. Chances are that steam or epic store doesn't detect the old version.

Try searching for Bannerlord across your hard disks. You should be able to find something.