Common Issues and how to solve them

SGM Arni

Infantry Man
Mar 15, 2021
❓ Game crashes
☑️ Lower your graphic settings to lowest possible, also you could reduce your frame limiter between 30-60 (Recommended), turn off Anti-aliasing, lower sound channels, turn off v-sync or play on an SSD (Recommended) if you have one. Grant access to Bannelord through your firewall.

❓My launcher won't work properly
☑️ Run the launcher as administrator

❓I get a memory leak.
☑️ Make sure you don't have any other mods or translations to different languages installed for the game except BL:O.

❓I get an error "Unable To Load Front File!
☑️ Try to reinstall the mod with running this launcher cleaner beforehand.

❓I get a Steam API issue.
☑️ Open Steam Library > right click on Bannerlord > right click on Properties > right click on Betas> make sure it's set to None in the tab. Also make sure that you are in online mode on Steam, if all of this didn't help you, run the launcher as administrator.

❓I can't reach the Arena Master
☑️ Leave the arena and go back in. He should be in his usual location again.

❓I can't get into battles / Match error
☑️ You most likely took too long to load into combat. For now, try moving the game to an SSD (if you have one) and lower your graphics settings to reduce load-times.

❓I get an error saying: "Application crashed because a fatal error occurred while reading a file"
☑️ You basically make out that file (it is named in the error message), delete it, and then validate your game-files. An example: Open your Bannerlord folder. You should now see the "modules" folder. Open that one and go to "Native". In there there's another folder called "AssetPackages" (example for steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\AssetPackages) The error message should have named a file that caused the crash. Locate that file and delete it. Then go ahead and validate your game-files. After verifying your steam should be downloading the missing files automatically.

❓It says something about me already being logged in and I keep getting disconnected from the server.
☑️ Open the task manager and check out if there's any bannerlord process, then cancel it. Try restarting your modem / router. If that doesn't work you might have to use a proxy / VPN for some time.

❓What can I do if i'm stuck in a battle loop?
☑️ Currently there is no fix for this, but the loop should end after some time has passed.

If all of this doesn't help and you keep getting the same errors, you might have to check out the last resort, explaining you how to do a full clean install.

The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again.
Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:

Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord Note:

You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contentsю
After doing this, you can install the game again.

Last edited:

BaaalTv

Recruit
Mar 19, 2021
Setting sound channels to minimum fixed serious crashes for me :) you should mention it

Bolubeyi

Recruit
Mar 21, 2021
❓Savaşlara giremiyorum / Maç hatası
☑️Büyük olasılıkla savaşa girmeniz çok uzun sürdü. Şimdilik, oyunu bir SSD'ye taşımayı deneyin (eğer varsa) ve yükleme sürelerini azaltmak için grafik ayarlarınızı düşürün.

BU ÇÖZÜM DEĞİL MALESEF...

ZD Tibbz

Recruit
May 7, 2021
❓My launcher won't work properly
☑️ Run the launcher as administrator
I've ensured that the Bannerlord game is up to date through Steam, and that both the Bannerlord and Bannerlord Online version numbers match (e1.5.9.268958). I actually had Bannerlord updated before I installed Online the first time.

Also tried reinstalling, both along the same file path as before and also into the same drive as where Bannerlord is installed - no dice. Ran as administrator as the notification suggests, still nothing.

Any other possibilities?

Reactions: SoSpicy and Vitne

Sjors Troelie

Recruit
Jul 4, 2021
Does anyone know whether the questline requires a high scouting level (as you would need for Mabon's diary/revelations because of preparation level).
thanks!

Hosta

Recruit
Dec 24, 2022
unplayable, tryed all, 5h gametime for nothing. crashes always in the open world and than the bandits catch me and steal all my money and loot. GG!

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
unplayable, tryed all, 5h gametime for nothing. crashes always in the open world and than the bandits catch me and steal all my money and loot. GG!
The current crashes are related to the Economy Update that was released yesterday. The developers are still working on fixing this as we speak. Please be patient in the meanwhile.

Packedtubz

Recruit
Dec 28, 2022
Anyone having trouble with the godrich quest to buy weapons and armour? It’s saying ihavent completed it but I’ve bought the equipment and equipped it and won’t let me talk to him

Tig

Recruit
Dec 28, 2022
I can open my game but when I join the NA server it starts loading but then crashes. Something about the multiplayer module

SyncWolf

Veteran
Oct 17, 2021
Netherlands
I can open my game but when I join the NA server it starts loading but then crashes. Something about the multiplayer module
If you share the exact error message, I can try to help.
Make sure to have a look at the bugs and guides topic as well.